You were walking in the cross walk at the Publix shopping center and a car pulled right into you as if you werent even there. You were thrown to the ground. Youre injured. Your medical expenses are growing and it looks like you are not going to be able to work for a while. You are thinking about calling a lawyer to help you, here a few tips when speaking to the law office.
Before you call the office, collect your thoughts and if youre able, have the following information available:
- The accident report if available. The accident report will provide most of the information that the attorneys office will want.
- If accident report is not yet available: the date, time and location of the accident.
- A description of the events that led up the accident.
- A description of your injuries if known.
- The names and contact information of any law enforcement personnel or insurance company adjusters that may have called you.
The personal injury claims process can be stressful. If you decide to hire a lawyer, he or she will take on the stress of dealing with insurance companies, hospitals and doctors, all you have to do is concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Many people worry about having to travel to the lawyers office for their initial visit. Most personal injury attorneys will meet their clients in the clients home, hospital or rehabilitation facility because we understand that it is difficult to get around after an accident.